Tiger Computing is an IT services company specialising exclusively in Linux, both in the cloud and on traditional hardware.
We have been building and supporting Linux solutions for businesses since 2002, and we count Ericsson, the NHS and leading bioscience companies among our clients.
We have Red Hat Certified Engineers and accredited Debian Developers on staff, and we’re certified under ISO27001, the Information Security standard.
We have a vacancy for a mid- to senior-level Linux Support Consultant to join our team.
Linux Support Consultant
|Reports to||Operations Manager|
|Hours||37.5 hours per week, hours of work by agreement. 20 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, rising to 25 days|
|Salary||Starting £30,000 - £50,000 plus on-call compensation|
|Location||Home based with on-site visits as required|
You’ll be working with Linux all day, every day. Key tasks include:
- Keeping Linux systems secure, resilient and available
- Responding to monitoring alerts, analysing issues and taking appropriate action
- Designing and building new components or systems
- Responding to queries from clients and giving advice
- Assisting other support consultants
- Reviewing the technical content of proposals for clients
Once trained, you’ll be expected to participate in the on-call rota.
Our clients are predominantly in the high-tech engineering, bio-technology and web services industries and use a wide variety of technologies including:
- Web technologies: Apache, Nginx, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP and Python
- Networking: static and dynamic routing protocols, firewalls
- Containers and infrastructure-as-code: Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD
- Cloud services: Amazon Web Services, Azure
- High-availability: file system replication, clusters
- Remote access: VPNs, virtual desktops, hybrid cloud
We support Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu distributions.
You are passionate about Linux, and relish the opportunity to design, build and support Linux systems to a professional standard. You’re capable of working on your own initiative, but can also recognise when you need help and you’re not afraid to ask for it. You’re willing to work as part of a team, tackling issues together and supporting each other.
- Experience with at least one of the Linux distributions we support
- Broad experience of relevant technologies used by clients
- An understanding of networking, routing, DNS and diagnosing network issues
- The ability to tackle unfamiliar problems and get up to speed quickly
- Good written and spoken English
- The ability to write and maintain clear technical documentation
- A desire to uncover the real cause of technical issues
Ideally you also have:
- The ability to present to clients on an appropriate technical level for the audience
- Some experience of scripting in Python
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- One of more of Red Hat Certified System Administrator/Engineer/Architect, Debian/Ubuntu Contributor, Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Full UK driving licence
The successful candidate will be required to undergo BS7858 background checks. You must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you’re an ideal fit for this role by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.